GDPR policy statement
Who we are
The pages on this website are published by Route Logistics Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 5386980, whose registered address is at L16-L18, RBBC, Rockingham Motor Speedway, Mitchell Road, Corby, Northants, NN17 5AF.
Maintaining the security of your data and your right to privacy is a priority to Route Logistics. We will handle your personal data legally, fairly and will always be transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy provides you with details about:
- what personal data we collect;
- how we use your personal data;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained
- your legal rights about your personal data.
The personal data collected
Route Logistics may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with us; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children via our website.
This list is not exhaustive, and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you apply for a job application or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
How we use your data
Route Logistics (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Route Logistics may use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent).
Route Logistics aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by contacting Route Logistics via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
To make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers, accountants.
Route Logistics only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Route Logistics and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Route Logistics will not disclose your personal data to any third party.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 5 years.
How we protect your data
Route Logistics is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- regular penetration testing of systems;
- security controls which protect our entire IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
Legal basis for using your data
Route Logistics collects and uses personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests;
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods or services to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
If you have any questions about how Route Logistics uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.